donderdag 6 januari 2011

My First Person Shooter

Last holiday I started a little project for myself instead for school.
I was playing Call of Duty Mordern Warfare 2 and realized it isn't that hard to make a FPS in Unity 3D.
I was wrong about thinking it was just easy to do.
Starting with the controls, I added a First Person Controller, with a Mouse-Looking-Script.
After that I modeled a gun but it didn't look as nice as I expected so I downloaded a temporary one.

With a few problems I made it shoot when the left mouse button is pressed, then it was pretty hard to find out how to make the gun automatic.
With the help of Unity answers it finally worked.
After that I added sound to the gunshot and flames out the barrel of the gun.

Than I started to work on the enemy.
First I modeled it in Autodesk Maya and after that I started to animate it.
I put it in Unity and started working on the Artificial Intelligence.

Artificial Intelligence is one of the hardest things I've done in scripting.
The five enemies all have waypoints and so their own unique path through the level.
I made it so that if the player comes near the enemy, the enemy starts to follow the player till it's out of range.

After that I started working on the level.
I thought it was pretty cool to take a dumpster as theme.
But that wasn't looking well so I took alot of shipmentcontainers and placed them through the whole level like a maze.

This looked pretty cool with the cartoon shader.
Here below is a screenshot of how it looks now.

For the next time I hope I can tell you about how I made that the enemies shoot back at me and if I hit them that they take damage and after that they die.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten